Mandoline ?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by surfcast, May 14, 2017.

1. surfcast

surfcast

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Could any one mention a good mandolin ?  Would like some thing SS and well maid ?

2. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
  3. rpooley

rpooley

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I have this:

4. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I have this one, bought thirty years ago and with a million miles on it still cuts like the day I bought it.

5. surfcast

surfcast

Exp:
    Home Cook
    It looks nice, can you use the guard during all functions of use . It looks like dangerous the way shown in the video.

6. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I threw the guard away years ago, never used it. You have to respect it, it will take a finger off, just like a knife.

7. mikelm

mikelm

Exp:
    Home Chef
    I've had the Bron mandoline, which Buba refers to, for many years and it's still going strong.  It's versatile and will do quite a few different cuts, but it's a bit pricey- the basic model goes for around $130, which has all the stuff you need.

Actually, I would suggest you get one of the much cheaper plastic ones and see if you like the technique and the results, and then move up to the pro model. It is a real pleasure to use.

Mike

8. surfcast

surfcast

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I ordered the PL8, did not come in yet. 46.00 $ Free shipping, Not the cubing one . I let you know if I like it, when it arrives.