1. An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode.
    Complete Upgrade
  2. Hello, we're planning on updating our site starting 10 PM Pacific / 1 AM Eastern on May 22, 2018. During this time, the site maybe inaccessible or down. We appreciate your patience!

mandolin?

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by thatchairlady, Jun 3, 2012.

1. thatchairlady

thatchairlady

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I have an inexpensive plastic mandolin that actually works nicely... 3 different thicknesses for slice, a juilliene, and a "french fry" cuttin blade & guard-thingie to protect fingers.

Was taking some things to donate to a local thrift store and of course browsed the place... never know what you're gonna find... and for cheap.  Came across a Cuisinart mandolin.  No guard.  Body mostly heavy black plastic... fold out "leg".  One blade that appears to have 2 sides... straight edge and waffle.  Messo tape over blade warning that it was SHARP!?!  Blade looked good... no nicks or gouges apparent.  Wasn't cruddy.  SO for $4, figured worth taking a chance.

Went to Cuisinart's web site, but none of there models look like what I have... guessing mine is an older model.

Anyone have a C-mandolin?