Managing Kitchen Payroll

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by ari9, Dec 29, 2018.

1. ari9

ari9

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hello,

I would like to know what program you all use for payroll. I’m sure this has been discussed before - or you can direct me to the thread. Thanks,

Chefari

2. chefwriter

chefwriter

Exp:
    Professional Cook
    I've used Quickbooks and liked it a lot. The enhanced version updates the tax codes for employees automatically and they then take responsibility for same if there is a problem. Of course you can also input all data about the rest of the business as well to track expenses, etc and then it creates a report for your accountant at end of the year.

3. sgsvirgil

sgsvirgil

Exp:
    Retired Owner/Operator
    I used a payroll service. My employees sent me their hours that I verified and all I had to do was send those hours to the payroll service. They handled the rest. Tips etc were handled internally, of course.

The $125 fee I paid per month was worth its weight in 24 karat gold plated platinum.

4. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I did payroll on the 15th and the 30th. I used Quickbooks for posting and then printing the checks. I think there is something to posting and seeing the amount of money that goes out on payroll. You get to see the $$$$$ you spend for each pay period. You still need to tally the hours so why not just post them yourself. This process only took me 15 minutes every 15 days.