Making Sausage

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by gkoziol, Apr 23, 2002.

1. gkoziol

gkoziol

I wanted to experiment making many different sausages and am looking for recipes. Anyone have some ideas?

2. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    One of those things I keep telling myself I'll get to, but ...

Anyway, I've collected books that could be helpful to you:

American Charcuterie by Victoria Wise published by Viking in 1986. ISBN 0-670-80843-1

Book of Sausages by Antony & Araminta Hippesley Coxe ISBN 0-575-05812-9 (this one is a British paperback, 2nd revision of an earlier book -- but it has recipes from all over)

British Charcuterie by Jennie Reekie (1988) ISBN 0-7063-6680-8 (another British book, just for regional British recipes)

Wish I could endorse specific recipes, though.

3. foodnfoto

foodnfoto

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Take a look at some of Bruce Aidell's books; he may have have one devoted to sausage making. I love his recipes-detailed, informative, fun and written by a real meat lover.

Isn't sausage one of those things you don't want to see being made--along with tax law?

4. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
  5. bouland

bouland

The problems with most of the books on the market is that they contain recipes, but not many, if any pictures. For some illustrated instruction, try a selection of easy French sausages I posted on my web page.

Depending on where you reside, getting supplies locally may be easy or it may be difficult.