Making Noodles

Joined Nov 1, 2010
Hello,

I am new to the site.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to or has suggestions for making pasta noodles by scratch. Any kind of noodles and any ideas are welcome!

Thanks

Joined Apr 3, 2010
There are 100s 0f recipes on the internet.All different with varied ingredients.

Joined Aug 6, 2010
Just for fun, find a video of Chinese hand pulled noodles being made. It will make you feel culinarily inferior. Well at least it has that effect on me.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
The first time I tried making noodles, I didn't let the dough rest. It was hard and unforgiving; I threw it out.

Incidentally, I have my grandmother's noodle/breadmaking board. It's 100 years old this year. I just used it this week to make rugelach.

Joined Nov 6, 2004
Hello,

I am new to the site.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to or has suggestions for making pasta noodles by scratch. Any kind of noodles and any ideas are welcome!

Thanks
    Hi mandab,

welcome /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Handmade pasta is easy to make.  I know when I was trying to learn to make it I forced myself to make it several times a week, just so I could get used to making it.  Now, I don't make it all the time, but I won't hesitate because it's too large of a task.  There are tons of recipes out there...I'll include one for you.

http://lacucinaitalianamagazine.com/recipe/pasta_fresca

When I make pasta noodles I'll use the aid of my Kitchen Aid's pasta attachment...it really helps alot!  Do you have any type of pasta attachment?  If I'm making handmade noodles for chicken noodle soup I'll often just work the dough flat and cut with a large pizza cutter for a more rustic look and feel.  

Tyler, those videos are really something to watch.

mandab...have fun!

dan

Last edited:
Top Bottom