Making cream thicker

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by champorado, Mar 26, 2013.

1. champorado

champorado

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello, I am an ameteur cook.  I've been into cooking for a couple of months (since January) and I now cook something new every day.  I would like to try something.. a 'fiesta float' (otherwise known as a Graham Cake) in the shape of an Easter Egg.

A fiesta float is a Filipino dessert, made up of layers of double cream mixed with condensed milk, crushed graham crackers, and fruit cocktail, served in a deep dish, with chocolate grated over the top.  To make these into egg shapes I will need the cream to be thicker / more solid, like the density of a cheesecake. 

Can any of the lovely people here tell me how I can make the cream thicker so it will stand, in an egg shape, without falling apart?

Many thanks.

A picture of a normal fiesta float (from the internet):

2. laurenlulu

laurenlulu

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to CT, Champorado! Not sure where you're located but many markets sell Devonshire Clotted Cream. Although I can't answer your original question, if you get into a pinch and cannot make or buy it, here's a recipe that is not the same but tastes similar..  Your dessert sounds delicious, perfect for Springtime.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/DevonshireCream.html