Okay so, I thought I'd try the cheating way to make chocolate.... of course I melted down dark chocolate. I added coconut flakes and I was ready to use the chocolate to coat walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds. All was well... then I thought I would add almond extract to add a cherry type flavoring. The chocolate was on low heat and suddenly, like a chemistry experience from middle school, the chocolate changed it's properties immediately to a sort of dry, clay-looking solid mass. I thought maybe turning the heat to med would solve things... nope.... just burned. So, what did I do wrong? If I want to melt down chocolate to dip nuts etc for homemade-style chocolates, how and when do I add the almond extract without this bizarre reaction? Thank you!