Make ahead cauliflower pasta?

Joined Apr 3, 2008
You all know that slow cooked caramelized cauliflower pasta dish we love around here? Do you think it would be good if I made the cauliflower in the morning and put it in the fridge, then heated it up again in the evening to serve with pasta?

Joined Dec 30, 2015
For those of us newer to the forum, since it took a bit of searching to find the recipe, I thought I would post the link. Have to make this one! I'm glad you brought attention to this dish koukouvagia koukouvagia ! Good luck with the pre-cook. (I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.)

Here is your post on the recipe. More specific than the original.

Ugh. The link doesn't take me exactly where I want it to go, so here is a copy of your text:

"...it's pretty simple thought I don't remember the original recipe that siduri posted. I think it's pretty close to the original though.

1 head of cauliflower broken into florets

3 cloves garlic, sliced

1/3 cup olive oil

fresh chili or chili flakes (to your liking)

salt/pepper

parmesan or pecorino

In a large skillet warm the garlic and chili gently until it begins to sizzle slightly. Then add the cauliflower and sautee for a minute or two. Turn to the lowest heat setting, cover and let it braise for 45minutes. Uncover and turn the heat up so that it caramelizes slightly, careful stirring too vigorously so as not to turn the cauliflower to mush. Stir in a pat of butter and toss in the pasta of your choice, I used campanelle. Lots of cheese and some fresh parsley. I imagine this might go very well with a bit of rosemary though I had none to experiment with.

At the last moment I decided to use up some left over kielbasa, sliced it thinly like pepperoni and crisped it in a pan and then used it to top the pasta. Brought it to a whole other level."

Last edited:
Joined Apr 3, 2008
drirene drirene thabks for posting that, I was going from memory alone and yup, I had it in my mind to pick up some rosemary so that obviously stuck with me. And oh yes I remember that kielbasa, so good!

You should definitely try this one.

Top Bottom