madeline cookies

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by pastrycake, Nov 28, 2010.

1. pastrycake

pastrycake

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    just bought a madeline pan.. any recipes that you guys have success with?  I tried a coconut madeline but I didn't have the pan a the time.  It turned out as a cakey cookie... I like it to be slightly crispy outside edge and soft in middle.. but definitely buttery! 

2. caker0301

caker0301

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Here is a honey madeleine that bakes up wonderfully:

- 3/4 cup AP flour

- 1/2 tsp baking powder

- 2 large eggs (room temperature)

-1/3 cup sugar

- zest from 1/2 lemon

- 1 Tbsp honey

- 2 tsp. vanilla extract

- 5 Tbsp. butter (melted and cooled)

1. Sift together flour and baking powder

2. Beat eggs and sugar on med-high with whisk until they lighten and thicken in color (about 4 minutes)

3. Beat in lemon zest, vanilla, and honey

4. With a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients, followed by the melted butter

5. Press plastic wrap against the batter (needs to be airtight) and chill for 3 - 48 hours

6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400F; butter your madeleine pan if it is NOT nonstick and dust with flour

7. Place batter in molds filling almost to the top

8. Bake large ones for 11 - 13 minutes; bake small ones for 8 - 10 minutes; or until golden and they spring back when touched

9. I like to remove the cookies right after taking out of the oven by banging the pan against the counter.

http://confectionarydesigns.blogspot.com

3. homemadecook

homemadecook

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I have tasted a Madelaine that is soo good! Just can't remember which restaurant it is. :(