macaroon cake filling

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by dagger, Nov 5, 2017.

1. dagger

dagger

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    Years ago Pillsbury made a bunt cake mix kit and my favourite was the one with a macaroon filling. I got a idea to make this again with a bunt pan and chocolate cake mix just not sure how to make macaroon filling, need some help because not sure if its the same as cookies.

2. Shadokat

Shadokat

Exp:
    Home cook
    I do remember those bundt cake kits, although I never purchased them. When you say macaroon filling, do I guess correctly that you want a coconut cream filling? Please forgive me if this doesn't meet your needs, but I was recently looking for a recipe for a filled banana bundt cake and came across the following:
    https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/banana-coconut-filled-bundt-cake.html
    This is a banana cake, not a chocolate cake, but it has a coconut filling made with cream cheese that I'm guessing would work in any flavor of bundt cake. If this is not what you're looking for, I apologize and wish you luck finding the right recipe.

3. dagger

dagger

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    It was definitely a macaron type but thanks for this, can see a bunch of uses for it like muffins and such.

4. dagger

dagger

Exp:
    Can't boil water
  5. dagger

dagger

Exp:
    Can't boil water
    Where would I find the bunt cake recipe please

6. chefpeon

chefpeon Kitchen Dork

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef 27 years
    Check and see what happens when you type in the search term "macaroon bundt cake" on Google. It's like........magic.:cool:

flipflopgirl likes this.