Low-Cost Commercial Kitchens For Rent in Los Angeles Area?

Discussion in 'Commercial Kitchen Rentals' started by cream puff, Jul 23, 2012.

1. cream puff

cream puff

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    Hello Chefs!

I'm starting an online cookie business and need a commercial kitchen for rent, several hours 1-2 days a week for now.  Being a decorative cookie baker/designer, my volume is low and cannot support the usual ~$20/hr commercial fees.  I'm purely searching for space to meet health requirements.

Does anyone know of an alternative?  Do churches or community centers have commercial kitchens?  Or perhaps someone knows or has a restaurant/bakery looking to make a little extra money by sharing their kitchen during off hours for a flat rate.. ~$200 a month?  Ideally a place that would allow me leave a few basic items: flour, sugar, butter, eggs.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Good luck finding such a kitchen.

Most clubs/churches, if they are licensed at all, are not licensed for commercial use.

I would take a hard look at your business plan if you cannot afford $20/hour.

3. chefsearcher

chefsearcher

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Would you consider the Inglewood location, it is opposite a 24hr fitness centre many large banks and I think your business will benefit from the foot traffic. Also I would be able to consider a profit sharing as opposed to an hourly rent, if you could put in a minimum of 35hrs.

4. sweetstreet

sweetstreet

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    Hello chefs,

I am in the startup phase of my dessert business. I am searching for a commercial kitchen in the Inglewood/LA area. I've rented a space [email protected]$25 per hour so I know that routine, I'm food safe certified. My previous space is located completely out of the area and I'm hoping to avoid the long drive that I made in the past. Thanks for your time.

5. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    Have you heard that Cali passed a cottage foods bill?

Some restrictions, of course.

I was thinking you could take all the money you were planning to give to the incubator person and plow into your start up.

mimi

6. sweetstreet

sweetstreet

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    Thank you for the information Mimi, much appreciated! I will share this info with my fellow bakers.

7. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
  8. sweetstreet

sweetstreet

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    Yes, I actually will need one. Had a chat with the local health dept. So, my search is going to continue. I appreciate the link. Seems many people(including me) were not aware that the bill passed.

9. cream puff

cream puff

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    Sorry for the delayed response.  I never received notification for these comments!  

Mimi:  Yes, I've looked into the Cottage Law!  Unfortunately, it's for direct-to-consumer sales and my traffic is partly wholesale.  I've also out-growing my private kitchen and need a facility that has room for a small team. 

Chefsearcher: Inglewood is a bit out of the way since most my clients are in the Hollywood/Beverly Hills area but I'll definitely keep you in mind.

SweetStreet: How's it going with the hunt? 

Thanks for all the feedback!

10. sweetstreet

sweetstreet

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    It is still going! Thanks for asking. Recently I've posted a few ads and I started contacting local eateries that are in in the areas I prefer and have set up a few meetings with the owners. Hopefully, I will secure a great space or kitchen soon. How's everything?

11. pastryfl

pastryfl

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    @SweetStreet -  I was wondering what type of place you are trying to open and how your search for space is going?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  12. sweetstreet

sweetstreet

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    Hi,
    I think I may have found a kitchen, the owners are great! I wanted a location in or near downtown LA, if space works out I will be in Hawthorne. Space is perfect, but the hours are very late or very early. They are working with me the best they can & I appreciate it. Just wishing for a better fit.

Pasty FL there is a kitchen incubator called Mama's in Pasadena, very good support to their renters.

13. sweetstreet

sweetstreet

Exp:
    Professional Baker
  14. cupcheesecake

cupcheesecake

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    Hello,

I noticed this post while browsing.  Is this kitchen still available for rent?

15. cupcheesecake

cupcheesecake

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    Would you consider the Inglewood location, it is opposite a 24hr fitness centre many large banks and I think your business will benefit from the foot traffic. Also I would be able to consider a profit sharing as opposed to an hourly rent, if you could put in a minimum of 35hrs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this kitchen still available for rent? I am a baker and I have been looking for a kitchenthat is a little closer than I am now. 

16. honey due

honey due

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Hello My Name is andrea Dantzler

and I saw your Post to a Girl The Bakes Cookies I did not see If she Replay to Your Post But I need a Place to Bake My Cakes and Cupcakes I Live In Culver city near Inglewood and Labrea I want to know if the Place U are Renting is still Up for Rent and If so Can U PM me.   have a Online Bakery and I need a Place to Make My Cakes

<edit_>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
  17. honey due

honey due

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Hello I want to know if I can Rent This Place I live In Culver city I am a Online Baker and am Looking for a place to bake My Cupcakes and Cakes Ect. at Can U Contact me via PM please

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
  18. honey due

honey due

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Thank U for all Your Halp I know How to PM some One now LOl I did not know How to do it Thank U for all The InBox Massages That will never Happen any more sorry for My Post and Good Not to all from Honey Due

19. honey due

honey due

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Thank U for all The Help with The in box massages 

I will never Post like That ever sorry every one On This website

20. chefap

chefap

Exp:
    At home cook
    I may be interested in the Inglewood location. I am not far from you. Where exactly are you located? name of your business?