Love To Bake and Cook

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by lovetobake45, Feb 4, 2010.

1. lovetobake45

lovetobake45

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi all, I am new to the site came across it and it looks great.I taught myself to cook and bake when I was in my 20's now 30 years or so later I still have a passion for it.Baking is my favorite! I have no formal training so I am sure I have a lot to learn from everyone on this site.

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Lovetobake, and welcome to Chef Talk. I'm also a home cook and new to baking, and I can assure you there's not a better place to learn more! The professionals here are willing to help and advise others, and the home cooks often have years' worth of experience to share. As you can see, the discussion forums are great places to learn; use the search tool to have a look at earlier conversations. You're welcome to browse and read in the professionals' forums, but we home cooks must consider those as "read only".

Have fun exploring the cooking articles, photo gallery, and all the other great things here. Expect to learn and enjoy cooking and baking even more! We hope you are a frequent participant here.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

3. gerdosh

gerdosh

Exp:
    Food Writer
    welcome! I am even newer then you are. I love baking too and have no formal training but many years of experience that I believe is equivalent to formal training (professional pastry chefs disagree).

Geo

4. lovetobake45

lovetobake45

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Is that your job Geo food writer? How cool would that be! I love to cook and bake for family and friends.My cakes are my most requested recipes.I would rather eat at home than go out to eat.What are your fav's?