Looking for the best soup cook book!

Joined Dec 18, 2003
I am a huge soup lover! I not only love eating soup, but also making soups, as well, especially soups containing a lot of vegetables! So, I am looking for the definitive soup cook book.
Any help is much appreciated!
(I am also looking for a really thick, vegetarian split pea soup recipe, if anyone has one!)

Thanks,

Matt

Joined Jun 25, 2003
The Wagamama cookbook from the restaurants in London is quite good. It's full of delicious Asian style soups and though they can be complicated for the home cook a little prep goes a long way.

Joined May 26, 2001
James Peterson, Splendid Soups, ISBN 0-471-39136-0, (c) 2001, published by Wiley

Felipe Rojas-Lombardi, Soup, Beautiful Soup, ISBN 0-8050-1939-1 (paperback, 1992, Henry Holt). This one might be hard to find -- hardcover came out in 1985, published by Random House.

Although I have to say that I find the best soup is the sput-of-the-moment one: take some good stock (absolutely imperative!!), add some vegetables and/or protein (meat, fish, poultry, egg, cheese/cream) and/or starch, season and spice, and enjoy! I find it a great way to use up dribs and drabs of sauces, cooking water from vegs, etc.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I never tasted a soup that wouldn't be improved by matzo balls. Okay, maybe fruit soup.... :p

Seriously, I have learned never to rush soup. It needs time to simmer and always improves the next day.

Top Bottom