Looking for submissions for a food magazine

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by debnorkin, Mar 16, 2017.

1. debnorkin

debnorkin

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Hello Everyone!

I'm the Editorial Director for Santé, a magazine for the upscale restaurant professional. You may remember Santé as a print publication. We're launching a new online version on May 1st. It will be written by professionals, for professionals. If you've ever considered writing, pitch me an idea. I'll help you develop it for publication. If you've got a great story, you know the kind, cringeworthy, hilarious ones, of restaurant mishaps and hijinks, tell me. We can change the names to protect the (not so) innocent.

Any questions at all, message me here.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Deborah Norkin

Editorial Director

Santé Magazine

2. Germaine

Germaine

Exp:
    Yes

3. Germaine

Germaine

Exp:
    Yes
    I read your message. Are you still looking for food submissions?

4. debnorkin

debnorkin

Exp:
    Food Editor
    I'm always looking for submissions! check out the website & magazine. isantemagazine.com

5. Germaine

Germaine

Exp:
    Yes
    I read
    I want to write about Southwest wines made in New Mexico such as Green Chile wine and Red Chile wine. These wines are made with real Chile peppers and the wines are distributed in 40 states.

6. Germaine

Germaine

Exp:
    Yes

7. Germaine

Germaine

Exp:
    Yes
    I want to write an article about Southwest wines such as Green Chile wime and Red Chile wine. These wines are popular and they are made at the St. . Claire winery in New Mexico.There are other wines in the Southwest wines collection. The Green Chile wine and Red Chile wine are made with chile peppers and they are distributed in 40 states. I have some photos of the Southwest wines if you are interested and the wines can purchased at Southwest wines.com.

8. Germaine

Germaine

Exp:
    Yes
    w

9. Germaine

Germaine

Exp:
    Yes
    What do you think of my idea?

10. debnorkin

debnorkin

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Just writing about wines is not enough of a story. There needs to be a hook, a restaurant that is doing something interesting with them. Did you read the magazine? See the kinds of stories we publish. Pitch me an idea. Look online about how to pitch stories. If I like the idea I will work with you but you need to come up with the pitch. There is potential for the wine story but it needs more. Keep working at it and pitch me again! Good luck!

11. Wheat and Fire

Wheat and Fire

Exp:
    Culinary Adventures
    Fresh ground flour, growing your own culinary herbs and vegetables, over coming wheat sensitivity with that flour and natural yeast fermentation ... is their still room for artisan hand crafted products in the world of fine dining and where do they apply now? https://wheatfire.com if you are interested in some of our concept. If anything interest you let us know!

12. debnorkin

debnorkin

Exp:
    Food Editor
    I checked out the website. The story is interesting but our target market are people in the restaurant industry. I'm not sure if catering quite makes the leap. I also am not doing restaurant profiles unless there is a business angle, so I would never publish a feature just on your story, even though it's interesting. There has to be something more that has impact for other restaurants. If you can think of something that might work, pitch me again.

13. frank.buddenbrock

frank.buddenbrock

Exp:
    Food Photographer
    Deborah-
    My name is Volker "Frank" Buddenbrock and I am a food photographer in Los Angeles.
    I would love to shoot for your magazine, and for your advertisers.
    I've shot for The Cheesecake Factory, Caffe D'Vita, McDonald's and many, many more- here is a link to some of my work: http://www.buddenbrockfoto.com/p699059105
    Please let me know if you think we could be a good fit and how to proceed.

Warmly,

Frank

Attached Files:

14. debnorkin

debnorkin

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Thanks for reaching out, Frank.
    I don't have anything right now but I'm sure I will in 2018. What are your rates?

15. frank.buddenbrock

frank.buddenbrock

Exp:
    Food Photographer
    Deborah-

Thank you for your response.

I'm flexible on editorial- advertising rates would depend on usage.
    What do you normally pay for editorial?

Frank

16. debnorkin

debnorkin

Exp:
    Food Editor
    For photos it depends. Anywhere between 50-150. I am looking for someone in LA for an upcoming feature on Latin and South American Cocktails. If you're more involved with the story, I can pay more. email me at [email protected]. Let's set up a time to chat.