Looking for plain carbon steel bread pans - NO non-stick coating!

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by jwk1, Apr 21, 2012.

1. jwk1

jwk1

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello All, the title says it all.  I haven't been able to find anything like this in my internet search.  I would like to bake up four large loaves at a time and freeze them.  I would like the pans to be 9x5, if anything a bit larger.  The heavy type steel pans with non-stick coating work pretty good, but they always brown up the crust too much for my liking, plus I'm trying to get away from anything with coating. 

I actually saw some stoneware bread pans in WalMart today, but they were made in china.  No telling what's in the glazing.

Anyway, I'm looking for some good old fashioned bread pans that will never wear out and always need a bit of greasing before baking.  Honestly, I don't mind!  Anyone know anything?

2. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Try Chicago metal, or Lockwood industries.  Don't have any links handy, try google.

3. duckfat

duckfat

Exp:
    Retired Chef
  4. jwk1

jwk1

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I ended up getting the Chicago uncoated pans.  They are very nice.  Probably the best bread pans I've ever owned.  The crust comes out great; not so dark like all the typical non-stick pans.