Looking for information

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by Rangada, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Rangada

Hi, I just joined this to pick your brains, and then I promise not to bother you any more! I am looking for a website where I can purchase recipes to use in newsletters or marketing campaigns. We manage community associations (not sure that's important, but whatever) and are too small to use a big marketing firm. I'm a very (poor) amateur cook and belong to some online recipe sites. Yes, I have submitted questions to those sites via the "contact us" feature to find out if they will license the recipes to me but I haven't received a response from any of them yet. I tried Googling "stock recipes" but all I got was a bunch of soup links. I'm hoping someone out there will know and be able to point me in the right direction. I'm not looking for "royalty-free" because I'm hoping the recipes have been vetted and I am assuming paid sites are more likely to have been tested. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
  2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Recipes are exempt from copyright for the most part. Most anything you find on the internet you could use. It would be polite to say where you got it from.

Any site you have to pay to get the content from such as America's Test Kitchen tends to be more protective of their content. ATK has been known to send desist letters, takedown notices and such.