Looking for chef shoes

Joined Oct 11, 2017
I'm starting as a culinary school student this Monday and I'm required to wear chef shoes in class. With that said, I opened my web browser, looked through forums and articles and after doing my research I was 90% sure i would buy a pair of super birkis. Yesterday I went out to try them on and what I found out was that they were really weird. I'm a 42 and when I tried a 42 on it was huge. I proceed to the 41 then 40 and later a 39! The 39 had the best fit around my feet but my toes were touching the front. The 40 on the other hand had a nice length but it felt like it was about to come off. I tried a shoes for crews then I think it was froggz classic or something which was much cheaper and had a near perfect fit. It didn't feel as good as the super birki on my feet though. My question is what do you people recommend? Any advice will be helpful

Joined Sep 26, 2017
Birkenstock sucks. They feel like Crocs. I don't like wearing them at all. Shoes For Crews has good grip but not ergonomic enough for long hours in a standing position. Dansko is best in my opinion. I can stand in them for 15 hours straight without hurting my back. I heard doctors wear them when performing a long operation too.

Joined Aug 21, 2004
Every body is different and so are the shoes that body does best with. I wore Dansko for years. I wore Birkenstock Londons for years. Now for years I have been wearing Croc Bistros. They all work well for me.

Top Bottom