Looking for advice .

Discussion in 'After Culinary School' started by happychef87, Aug 9, 2013.

1. happychef87

happychef87

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    hey my name is Justin .

I just finished Culinary School in a small town. I was looking to moving to a bigger city and also to get out of Texas.What State or city would any of you suggest ??

2. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    San Francisco and the wine country around Napa and Sonoma are good culinary spots.

3. stevenmundial

stevenmundial

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Depends what you are looking for? SF is going to be a HUGE culture shock moving from TX. I know I lived in both. I love SF and IMO some of the best restaurants in the Country. WA Seatle at least is a great food town... nashville is also great. NY of course but that is a tough move... Give me more info I can give you ideas are you single married kids are you active ETC? I have been lucky to live in tons of places and i like them all for certain things...

4. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I agree with cheflayne, but.....San Francisco will be a HUGE CULTURE SHOCK coming from small town Texas.

I landed in SF in 1980 to go to school coming from a small town, WOW............

I lived in the city, couldn't get enough of it, lived in and worked around the East Bay for years, but always wanted to be in the city.

I haven't lived in California for nearly a decade, San Francisco is the only thing I miss.

5. happychef87

happychef87

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks everyone for your advice.
    I have dreamed of heading to California.