Looking for advice on menu building tools etc.

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by beastiebox, Mar 23, 2017.

1. beastiebox

beastiebox

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hello everyone! I'll start by explaining my situation. Currently I work for a major catering corporation. Recently some serious trouble has shaken the account I work at, and my Executive Chef & mentor suggested I should apply at a more stable‚Äč account. Not only that, but he has suggested that I should make the transition from Head Cook to a Chef manager position.
    I feel completely confident in my abilities, and have decided to take his advice. It is quite a transition, but he has been training me extensivly in my companies systems (Schedule,menu,vendor,costing, inventory etc.) In addition to my regular duties. I thought it might look well on me to provide a few example menus including cost,portion, profit etc. With my resume. The issue is, when I'm not working with my Exec, I can't access the systems, it's above my current position. If I have to I don't mind pointer pushing in Excel, but I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of free software or sites that could provide an easier and quicker layout to work with? Thank you for your time!

2. beastiebox

beastiebox

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I didn't even consider Google sheets. I'll have to look into that. Thank you greatly for the advice! I'll pass that up the grapevine too.