looking for a Rum Cake recipe

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by yfr, Jun 10, 2002.

1. yfr

yfr

I would be thankfull if you can help me in finding a recipe for rum cake (not baba a rhum) that you either soak in rum syrup or pour the surup on top of the cake when its still warm in the pan after baking
    TIA

2. mudbug

mudbug

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    yfr,

If you don't find what you need here or here let us know.

:)

3. yfr

yfr

Thank you cchiu, but all those recepies uses cake mixes which I defenatly do not use. I do everything from scratch so any other help would be appreciated.

4. alexia

alexia

If you return to cchiu's links and check some of the items below the first one or two, you will find numerous rum cakes.

5. mudbug

mudbug

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    yfr,

Gotcha, always helps to be as specific as possible... ;)

Check the following links here and here . As Alexia pointed out, be sure to scroll down and check the links not just at the top plus there is more than just one page of results (check the other pages at the bottom). There are 212 selections in the first link and 89 in the second. Not all will be what you will be looking for but a majority of them may be of interest to you.

Need any more help like specific flavorings, etc, let us know.

:)

If you do find one you like, please share with us how it turns out!

6. lotuscakestudio

lotuscakestudio

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    My part-time job has a cake that sounds like that and they're famous for it since they've been selling it for about 100 years (OLD family bakery). All I know is that it's just danish dough with some raisins in it. They dunk it in rum when it comes from the oven then glaze it with a very thin coat of poured fondant. This is a pretty ghetto bakery though and I've never seen any rum, just rum flavoring on the shelves so I'm assuming the bakers use the flavoring stuff.