looking for a recipe

Joined Nov 3, 2002
Hey it may not seem like how it should look..lol..but anyway i assume it that way that you spell it,it may be a banana cake with or with out nuts,then it has to be filled with a banana cream..then for the outside maybe a frozen banana cream...then it has to be company with some sauce,things varies upon what you taste buds are...hope i could be a little help..bye

Joined Mar 6, 2001
Banana split cake was published on the cover of "State fair cakes" published by Gold Medal Flour Co.

I've never made this but here's the recipe.

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 3/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. cake flour
2 1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. buttermilk
2 tbsp. strawberry ice cream topping
3 drops red food color
2 tbsp. pineapple ice cream topping
3 drops yellow food color
2 tbsp. hot h2o
2 tbsp. cocoa
3 to 4 ripe bananas thinly sliced

350 oven. Grease and flour 3 round 9" pans.

beat butter, short. and sugar until fluffy. beat ing eggs, vanilla. Mix together flour, soda and salt. Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk into the butter mixture. Beat on med. 1 minute craping bolw well.

Divide batter into 3 bowls (about 2 1/2 c. each). Stir the s.b topping and red color into a batter.

Stir the pineapple and yellow into another.

Mix cocoa and hot h2o together. Mix into third batter . Bake each cake seperately aprox. 20 min. bake then cool completely.

Assemble:
On top of sb layer spread with 2 tbsp additional sb ice cream topping. Place banana cake on top of s.b layer. (to be continued)

Banana frosting:

1 16 oz. frozen whipped topping
1 pkg 4 serving size of instant banana pudding

Mix the 2 together.

Continueing with assembling:
Spread 3/4 c. banana frosting ontop of banana cake and add a layer of fresh banana slices. then top with the last cake, pineapple.

Frost the exterior of the cake with the remaining banana frosting. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping and garnish with remaining banana slices and additional toppings. Store in Cooler.

Hope this works for you. PLEASE, PLEASE come back and tell me how it worked and how it tasted?!

Top Bottom