Looking for a new Name.......?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by gmengrmetsales, Apr 4, 2005.

1. gmengrmetsales

gmengrmetsales

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I am one of the owners of Venison America - we are looking to move our business in a new direction - towards the consumer market - and have found our name to be somewhat scary to the public (Venison America). The name is a registered trademark along with our logo - a farm scene set on a small lake in rolling grassy hills. If you care to see the picture go to www.venisonamerica.com. I am looking for suggestions on a new name that will soften our company to the general public. Currently our largest selling items are in this order: All Natural Beef, Berkshire Pork, North American Elk, Venison, Lamb, Duck, cured meats, cheeses, wild boar, rabbit, pheasant, gourmet chickens, bison, quail, goose, squab, caribou, partridge, Ostrich, Antelope, Kangaroo, Wild Turkey. This should familiarize you with what I sell to restaurants and consumers. Only serious replies.

2. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    How about "What's for dinner Deer" :bounce: :D

(Sorry but you gotta take the good with the bad 'round here) :)

3. kerryclan

kerryclan

The only name I would use if I were in your business is the one a friend of mine was going to use but went in another direction and thus never got the business going:

"After the Hunt" Just sounds so classy and indicates meat and game.

I looked at your current website and your product is classy, so.

Good luck!

4. chezsylvia

chezsylvia

Your portfolio of wonderful products is huge! Why not tease your customers with "Wild Meat Sensations" and include recipes on your website. MMMMM ... Kangaroo with Chocolate Chili Sauce would make me run to your store. Good Luck. Remember wild meats are the heritage of American (and Canadian)haute cuisine. My mouth is watering!

:chef: Chezsylvia

5. markv

markv

How about "Diana's Bounty" in honor of Diana, the Roman Goddess of hunting and wild animals.
    Mark

6. deltadoc

deltadoc

several thoughts:

Grain Belt Meats

All Meats, Inc.

Direct Meats, Inc.

Wholesome Meats, Inc.

All The Meat That's Fit to Eat ( had to add some NY humour :) )

Actually, I kind of like the Direct Meats since it implies mail order retail, and to some degree All Meats as it implies the wide variety that you offer.

Your friend,
    doc

7. keeperofthegood

keeperofthegood

Hey oh

I think that you may end up doing something a lot of companies wind up doing, and divest yourself of yourself. In other words, seperate as divisions your two catagories of product, domesticated and non-domesticated meats. (ok dear are raised in pens, I still don't think of them as domesticated).

Then name each for what the divisions represent. There is a small crowd that likes to "experiment" and to that end you will need to determine who they are. I think they are neo-christian-nature god followers. Or people who would respond to a product called "mother of eve" or "mother of eden" meats. The more traditional peoples would respond to something along the lines of "thunder steaks".

Really, I don't know, and that is why a marketing consultant is a GOOD move. Certaily, a consultation is worthwhile, and even this thread and the variouse others on company/product namings would be good source materials to review. A name can make or break you, just ask the Japanese company why their toothpaste failed in north america ( it was called, no word of a lie, Piss Toothpaste)