Looking for a good loose leaf tea place

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by bluefrog87, Aug 26, 2015.

1. bluefrog87

bluefrog87

Exp:
    Home Cook
    After the whole starbucks/teavanna thing got discovered (being organic is far from organic at all and the most pesticide laden tea), it left a bad taste in my mouth about that company. It really was the last straw in a series of straws. I liked it before starbucks bought it but it's really gone down hill. 

Anyone know of a honest loose leaf tea company that doesn't lie about their product and sells half decent tea that doesn't have certain teas that taste artificial? 

2. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Do a quick google search and you will find a whole lot of tea companies out there.  There are many smaller, "mom & pop" kind of sites that really cater to very serious tea drinkers and as such, the product is great but you will pay a lot.  I've had good luck with Davids and one of my favorites is Teagschwendner.  Lots of plain teas and a wonderful selection of high quality flavored teas.

3. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    This place is across the street from South China House restaurant and South East Market, two places I frequent, but I've never been inside. It might be time to find some good, dark tea for another batch of tea cured salmon.

http://www.teagrotto.co/

mjb.