Looking for a Good Italian Chicken Dish that is not a Pasta, Any Ideas?

Joined Feb 6, 2017
Hello everyone, 

My name is Frank. I am currently a student in the Culinary Arts and Right now I am having Difficulty locating or even coming up with an idea  with a good delicious Italian  chicken dish. 

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Chicken rolls braised in wine. Many ways to vary this into interesting derivations. The original that I based this on was with Beef and Barolo. I recall using cheese, bread crumbs and pine nuts in the filling. Seasoned with Rosemary. A balsamic variation with rosemary would also be quite good. 

This was my inspiration.

http://lidiasitaly.com/recipes/braised-beef-rolls/

Chicken cooks much faster of course. 

Last edited:
Joined Jan 25, 2013
baked chicken similar to 'Shake-n-Bake', doesn't have a fancy name, but I had it several times when in Italy.  slice boneless chicken into strips, coat with olive oil, roll in seasoned bread crumbs, bake @ 350F until done, about 15 minutes.

Joined Feb 22, 2016
also some call this FRANCAISE  and  some call it ROMANO.  its chicken cutlet floured,  then dipped in beaten eggs w/ grated parm/romano cheese-parsley-lemon juice. sauteed, clarified butter hot.  it can stick so be careful.  some garnish with capers and lemon slices.

Joined Feb 22, 2016

baked chicken similar to 'Shake-n-Bake', doesn't have a fancy name, but I had it several times when in Italy.  slice boneless chicken into strips, coat with olive oil, roll in seasoned bread crumbs, bake @ 350F until done, about 15 minutes.
now doing this with fish fillets is called ENGLISH STYLE.  either baked or sauteed

Latest posts

Top Bottom