looking for a diabetic recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by coolj, Aug 11, 2001.

1. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Does anyone have a recipe for diabetic zucchini bread ?

TIA,
    Jeff

2. nancya

nancya

Hi Jeff. I would use my regular zucchini bread recipe, sub out the oil for applesauce and the sugar for splenda [3/4 to 1] or a combination of sugar and splenda.

p.s., how was your sister's wedding?

3. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks Nancy, my sisters wedding went very well, it actually went better than we had planned. The service was about an hour after our regular church service, so everyone there just pitched in and help us set up the hall for both the wedding ceremony and the luncheon.

4. youla

youla

I used to make a diabetic zucc loaf using ricotta,flour,zucchini,eggs , but I used to make large loaves so will have to work it out,,,basically,get about 6 zuccs grated and drained add flour to the zucchini about 1-2 cups [good to use half the amount of flour as
    a whole grain or a whole meal]mix through a cup of ricotta to flour and then 2 eggs with any other condiments or herbs and season if mix is too wet add more flour and if too dry add a little oil.....we also used to add peanuts for a texture thing.....bake in a slow oven about 170c for 45 min check at 30 mins should have a golden top and spring back..[ps you do not need any butter in this because of the ricotta and oil] :D

5. youla

youla

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: youla ]

6. isa

isa

7. nancya

nancya

Thanks for the link Iza. I had not come across that one before. It amazes me how much is available out there if you know where to look!

And it even has a couple of brownie recipes for me to try! woooohooooo!

8. isa

isa

You're welcome Nancy! :)