Looking For A 4 qt. Stockpot

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by jte1130, Nov 14, 2005.

1. jte1130

jte1130

I had a 4 qt. stockpot from Tools of The Trade which is the Macy's brand. It was part of a wedding gift set. Now that I know the difference between good and bad cooking equipment I'm looking to replace the 4qt. stockpot as I've pretty muched replaced everything else. I'm having trouble finding something that size. I've seen 3 qt. saucepans, and 6 qt stockpots but nothing in the 4 qt range. The 4 qt. has been an ideal size for sauces and pasta.
    Can anybody point me to a good 4 qt. pot?

2. markv

markv

At 4 quarts I would hardly call it a "stockpot" but I receommend All Clad. Expensive, but the best cookware on the market and you'll have it for a life time.

Mark

3. jte1130

jte1130

Actually I just found the 4 qt. All Clad. I guess I was just looking under the wrong category. I wasn't sure if it was considered a stockpot or sauce pan.

4. markv

markv

It's absolutely not a stockpot. It's a sucepan.

Stockpots tend to be taller than they are wide and are inevitably more than 4 quarts.

Mark

5. jte1130

jte1130

Ok. Thats what I'm looking for, more width than height. For some reason when I looked at the All Clad online it looked higher rather than wider. I guess the picture is deceptive and I really need to see it in person.