Looking at joining your Ranks!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by aspiringchef, Dec 22, 2010.

1. aspiringchef

aspiringchef

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi, 

First an foremost let me start by saying that I have really enjoyed reading all of the threads that you have on your website. Currently, I am looking at attending the CIA of San Antonio. I am 31 years old and spent nine years in the USMC where I was a Machine Gunner. I got out of the military in 2006, and started college immediately after. As of now, I am a junior at the University of the Incarnate Word where I am studying Computer Information Systems, but the problem is I am not really learning anything. I have a real passion for cooking, and really want to go to Culinary School. I understand that I will not become rich, and I will never become Bobby Flay. My main goal is to just be happy in a career field that has so much to offer. It has been a real pleasure meeting you all. 

Sincerely 

Mike

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello and welcome to Cheftalk!

We have quite a few members who've changed careers, so you will be able to get advice from the horse's mouth (so to speak!) about the process.  We also have lots of keen amateur cooks (I'm one) and from all around the globe, too - so we have a fairly wide experience and knowledge of various cuisines.  We also have lots of people in the culinary professions, too.

The articles and photographs on here are wonderful - and well worth a few minutes of your time.  The professional fora are 'read-only' for those of us who do not work in the culinary world, but they make fascinating reading and I've gained a lot of insight, just from reading them.

Feel free to join in on any thread you find interesting, or start your own!

3. aspiringchef

aspiringchef

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks for the welcoming!