Long introduction...boring at that...LOL

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by swor, Aug 30, 2002.

1. swor

swor

:D Hello all,

My user id is SwoR. The wo is "wife of" because of all the things I am I like being a wife most...with being a mother, a close second.

I am married (since I was barely 17) and have been married for almost 19 years now.

My husband and I have two wonderful teenagers, both boys.

We are simple people, not finacially wealthy but so very rich in every other way. We have all we need, a lot of what we want and the most basic necessity in life......JOY!!

I love to study the scriptures and use the knowledge that is there and forget what men say. Example, we eat salt on everything and lots of it...but the right kind, not chemically altered. We defineitly eat our share of butter and honey and we believe in herbal medicine more than pharmacuiticals. The leaves of the trees for healing as the scriptures say.

In spite of how this sounds, I am not a preachy person, but since this was a introduction, I thought I would give the basics of me. I love collecting recipes and "how to" information. I also like surfing the internet and doing research on healthy living. I have a passion for cooking and three times a year I help cook for a group of nearly two thousand for a week...thankfully, all of them don't eat everyday and we serve three meals a day so it is still a lot of cooking.

I love the forums on this board. I have only "lurked" for a day and decided I would sign up since it was one of my most adored things...talking about food and serving it, cooking it, creating it and doing it thrifty.

I hope to get to know some personalities even though I won't be able to post much for the first few weeks.

Enjoy your day everyone...or night, which ever it is.:)
    Sincerely
    SwoR

P.S. Sorry for such a long introduction. I won't post responses this long all the time...LOL.

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Thank you for your nice introduction, SwoR! It's nice to meet you. You have found a wonderful community of people who share your love of food, cooking, and sharing our dishes with others.

We encourage you to browse in the forums and post your questions and comments. Don't miss our archives and older posts! Just set your "view messages" option on the main page for past dates, and you'll be rewarded with lots of great discussions.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

3. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk Swor!

What kind of food do you like?

4. glutz

glutz

welcome to Chef Talk,
    been playing truant for some time,
    but good being back again

ken