Life is like a dinner rush.

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by pathsounds, Jun 24, 2011.

1. pathsounds

Hey guys!  Name's Kyle, I work as a line cook in a place in downtown Duluth, Minnesota called the Zeitgeist Arts Cafe.  Been working in various kitchens for about 8 years.

Anyways, I wrote this the other day and thought you might enjoy it.  It came from a walking meditation.

Life is like a dinner rush.  A dinner rush is like a very compressed version of life.

If you hesitate, or stand and do nothing, you will find yourself with many problems. (same applies to life)

If you work hard and fast with love and passion for what you do, you will succeed. (same applies to life)

Instead of feeding customers and providing excellence in all areas, you feed and provide excellence to your soul - which is how you live a fun, exciting, powerful, and honorable life.  What goes around comes around.  

Once a rush begins, there’s no time for thought.  Only action.  No time for distractions.  In fact, you completely lose sense of time altogether.  You are forced into a place of present moment awareness, and once you let go of the emotional attachment you may be placing on the situation - you free yourself.  You fall right into the flow of what the beautiful wisdom and intelligence that you are  is telling your mind and body to do.  A sense of urgency becomes second nature.  All you have time to do is what you need to do right now, as you intend what to do next.  Nothing else matters.

Why should life be any different?
  2. thetincook

Very nice piece of prose.
    Reminds me of that old tv series, Northern Exposure.

You've inspired me. I call this haiku, The Calm of the Storm

night on the hot line

chef screams out, burn that steak and

I will burn your ass