Chef Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lets Give Rick A Big Thanks

10K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  danbrown 
#1 ·
Since today is the last day of the forum lets take a moment to thank Rick Bayless for spending an entire week with our community. Thank you Rick it really meant a lot to me that you took time out of your schedule to answer a few (ok a lot) of questions from our community. We hope you can stop back again in the future.

#3 ·
I agree, thank you for your time. I look forward to getting your book(s) you have helped people learn that there is more to Mexican cooking than tacos etc (Though it's hard to beat an Alaskan Halibut Taco:lips: ).
Best of luck and health in your future.

#6 ·
Oh yes, thank you so so much Chef Bayless for answering all our questions! Your thoughts and advice will be cherished!!

#12 ·
Rick,
Thank you for your understated sense of humor and your abundant knowledge on all that is great. For those who have yet to experience Poblano peppers roasting in a cage - 50lbs at a time, you have not experienced anything. The smell of fresh roasting chilies is an experience that is second only to those shared with your lover. I have often thought of moving to Hatch, New Mexico to be closer to the fire that kisses the chiles. For those of you that have been inspired by Rick, but have yet to experience the dishes at Frontera Grill or Tompolobampo, do yourself a favor and beg, borrow, steal or file bankruptcy in order to strap yourself into a seat at either restaurant and enjoy the ride. I highly recommend any seviche that is on the menu. If the trio is there, do not look at any other appetizer, just order it. Consider yourself a better cook, chef or human being for taking part in the experience of professional Mexican cuisine prepared by the masters. I know that Rick is not the sole prep cook, line cook and expediter in the kitchen, but he is the driving influence that keeps the line going out the door every night of the year. Do yourself a favor and book a room at the Hilton Garden Inn and walk over to Frontera at about 4:30-5:00pm, stand in line with the other "groupies" and listen to the stories of those dedicated patrons who come back day after day and year after year to experience the best Mexican food in the Nation. Stay the night and head back the next day for another meal. Forget the likes of Chuck Trotter and the Blackbird known as nevermore, for the only restaurant in town is that with the name of Frontera.
Thank you Rick for inspiring the masses and showing the world that Mexican cuisine is a force to be reckonned with. I have eaten at Frontera many times and cannot tell you the money spent on each meal, but I can recite what I ate, in which order and how I felt after eating--Lucky.
la cocina para gobernar el mundo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.