Let me know what you think

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by coolj, Jan 11, 2002.

1. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    when I got home from work this morning, i decided to experiment with an idea I had. I made an apple bruschetta. what I did was made a simple spread by mixing cinnamon sugar and margarine, the spread it on the bread, topped with chopped apples and brown sugar, and broiled until the sugar was bubbly. the only thing I forgot to do was to toast the bread first, it tasted great, but it was a little soggy. so i'm hoping someone will try it and give me their opinion.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    I second Quenelle! Yum!! If you do it again, you might also try a different spice instead of cinnamon, such as allspice or cardamom or even a tiny bit of mild curry powder, and/or grate in a little lemon zest or fresh ginger. Or try using other fruits, maybe pear (and delicate spicing in that case).

You've definitely picked up the all-important concept of Play with your food! Have fun!! And always write down what you did ( there, you've started working on The CoolJ Cookbook, eventually to be a best-seller!).

3. svadhisthana

svadhisthana

Sounds good to me too. Maybe with a little raisin challah. yuuuum.:bounce:

4. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thank you all for your replies. Svad, what is challah ?

5. anneke

anneke

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Egg bread. Not unlike brioche. Great for French toast!

If you decide to try it with pears, try using star anise, cardamom, fresh ginger, a piece of vanila bean half a smidgen of cinnamon, a touch of pear brandy and finish with a bit of thai basil.

6. rachel

rachel

Such times as i come to the US to visit, can you all invite me for breakfast?? i'll even wash up!!!:)

7. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Not only to Rachel, but to any other ChefTalkers who pass through! I feel like so many are friends now.

8. rachel

rachel

Thank you so much Suzanne, from me and lots of others