Learn a new skill this month

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
March is upon us. I would like to encourage everyone to take on a challenge this month. It can be as small or as big as you want. For example, learn how to work with sugar or chocolate. Maybe learn a new cuisine like Thai, East African, or Japanese. Don't sit on your butt, improve yourself! :)

Kuan

Joined Jul 24, 2001
Kuan this is one of the best things I have read lately :) You are so right!

I will work into making great dishes for one :)

Joined Dec 4, 2002
:confused:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about?

Ah, the ides of March? (is that right?),

So, Kuan, why don't you start us off?

Joined Jul 2, 2001
I took Kuan suggestion to heart and changed it slightly. At our safety meeting yesterday I had all the employees write down what they wanted to learn this yr. I gave them no guidelines to work from. I received a nice list to work from some work related some not. I spent the better part of today lining up the resources to make alot of these things happen for my employees. It should be a fun year.

Joined Nov 10, 2001
Kuan,this is a very good idea.I`ve already started though as i`ve been looking at African cookery.There isn`t much of a demand for at the moment here in the U.K.thanks to McD`s,Burger King,etc.I`m also making enquiries about other meats e.g. crocodile,from a number of suppliers.We are in an industry that constantly changes,let`s go with the flow.

Chef1x,you refer to the Ides of March which is March 15th,the day Julius Ceasar died.Does this day have some other significance? A new thread may be needed for that to be explained,Leo.

Joined Jul 18, 2000
this month? groan, but im already doing business law, hospitality marketing, management accounting, strategic management and organisational behaviour.

And perhaps research and reports.

i dont know how much more i can do.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
hmmmm.....more art in food. There is a new french chef in town that turns me on. He's done pasta through a printer with squid ink so " you can eat your words". He treated me to his first chef's table in the kitchen of Faust and asked, " is there anything your allergic to, or don't care for" 8 courses later/3 btls of wine.....what a sense of play this man has.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I'll be learning how to say "No". I'm one of those people that others can get to do their work for them. :rolleyes:

I also have to pare down the amount of after-work activities that cut into my sleep, which I badly need right now. :crazy:

Joined Jan 5, 2001
This is starting to look an awful lot like the New Year's Resolution thread!

Joined Jul 28, 2001
I'm going to try to better understand political speech4es. For the life of me, I can't find any of those tremendous breaks for small business that our great leader referred to in his State address.

Joined Dec 4, 2002
:) Hmmm, I for one am gonna start listening more to panini's posts, a very even-headed fella!:)

Joined Jul 24, 2001
Yeah, but don't you think that it would be better if we made new month's instead of New Year's resolutions? ;)

Top Bottom