latest project

Joined Aug 14, 2000
I finished the first draft of my first Grown-Up web site. I would love to get your honest feed back concerning things like navigation, page load times etc, etc... Just use the link in my signature.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Using Internet explorer at home and at the office:

1) at work, it was a great experience; page load time was very speedy as we use a super high-speed connection;

2) at home, page load time was significantly slower as we use a dial-up modem (56 K).

Every link works fine.
;)

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Wow Kyle I really the new format. I haven't had time to check out everything but I will be back.

Joined Dec 17, 2000
I will keep an eye on this thread. If any of you have any specific web-dev questions or design issues, I do alot of web development and would love to offer up any support I can.

Along the same lines, I am a huge advocate for Lynda Weinman's books. Her 'Designing Web Graphics' book is great, she is old-school....Her books give you a great handle on the basics. http://www.lynda.com.

Joined Aug 14, 2000
I have a question for you Solanna :)

Is there any way to get better compatibility between Netscape and a FrontPage authored site? It looks like, the captions in my photogalleries completely disapear in Netscape, for example.

Joined Dec 17, 2000
Hi Kyle, show me an example of a page where you are having trouble with captions showing up, and I will look at your source code. I typically use Dreamweaver (Mac)....instead of Frontpage. But HTML is HTML so I should be able to spot the problem.

Joined Aug 14, 2000
http://65.18.149.129/Pane Sicilliano.htm

The conflict appears on all of the photo galleries created in FrontPage. Viewed in IE, there are descriptions under 90% of the pics. In Netscape, Communicator 4.7 anyway, The captions do not display at all. Also, in IE the thumbnails appear in a line with forward and back arrows. In Netscape they all appear, "wrapped" onto sequential lines. Very Curious :)

Joined Aug 14, 2000
PS I have seen FP AddIns that purport to set margins that will work in Netscape as well as IE. Ever heard of this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Top Bottom