Lasagne

Joined Jun 5, 2020
Just looking for some advice regarding cooking lasagne in a small pub kitchen. I don't want to batch cook in advance, as I don't want to compromise quality by freezing or refrigerating. Could I reheat meat sauce on stove along with white sauce and compile then oven bake? Is there a method for making a white sauce that could be piped on?
I'm Just a bit unsure as I'm not a professional chef and haven't been trained...i'm a very passionate cook and food lover ;-) thanks in advance, love this website!

Joined Apr 3, 2008
You could conceivably make it fresh every time, though lasagna freezes very well. Piping bechamel is a no for me, the nature of it is to be creamy not stiff. If you want to play with presentation then I suggest prepping it into individual portion clay pots and bake to order. Nobody needs their lasagna to look pretty especially at a pub.

Joined Jun 5, 2020
You could conceivably make it fresh every time, though lasagna freezes very well. Piping bechamel is a no for me, the nature of it is to be creamy not stiff. If you want to play with presentation then I suggest prepping it into individual portion clay pots and bake to order. Nobody needs their lasagna to look pretty especially at a pub.
Hey thanks for your reply. Yes I think prepping into clay pots would be ideal. Is bechamel ok to freeze? Thank you

Joined Feb 8, 2009
The problem with reheating Lasagna is that it's dense. Lasagna freezes and refrigerates well. If you wanted to do it the traditional way it wouldn't really work because it a multilayered dish. You could have either a Ricotta mixture of a Bechamel sauce could be spread on to an already cooked lasagna noodle along with your meat sauce. Take a look at this process, it could be made to order ad then baked to heat to temp......If you were interested in doing an Eggplant Parmigiana it could also be fried and assembled to order... D974487C-7DEA-4942-906D-E266A2AD4DEB.jpeg

Top Bottom