Chef Forum banner

Large weight loss & always looking for new recipe ideas

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  cheflayne 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
I had a large weight loss last year (8st 2lbs/114lbs/52 kilos). I did it simply by eating proper food, no fads or ops. I have adapted favourite dishes to make them less fatty/calorific but am always on the lookout for new ideas and recipes. I love food, cooking and experimenting with new ideas so this forum seems a great place to join and I look forward to learning lots of new recipes and ideas.
Catherine

#2 ·
Welcome to ChefTalk and Congratulations on your improved health.
If you post a question, give everyone a day or two to answer. As it's the internet, all time zones are involved so people may not be able to see and respond right away. There are plenty of knowledgeable, friendly people here answering questions about all kinds of food concerns.
Hope to see more of your posts in the future.

#4 ·
Welcome to Chef Talk, Catherine. Would love to see one of your recipes. I am a big fan of "eating proper food, no fads or ops" and incorporate that line of thought into my personal cooking style. Glad to have you aboard!

#7 ·
Thank you butzy. No, I haven't worked very much on SE Asian recipes but I have made Thai red curry before and have been working on a low(er) calorie one today so as I said above I will add it later (if it works out good!). I actually read somewhere recently that Thai curries from northern Thailand don't use coconut milk as coconuts don't grow there so I must look further into that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.