Lamb chops

Joined Jun 17, 2018
I am a budding chef associated with the Oberoi Group of Hotels and i will be having a trade test on lamb shank with red wine jus.
I need the best way to make the dish so that I can ace my trade test.
Any help from anyone will be appreciable.
Thank you.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
You can souse vid them then sear in hot iron, or just cook them in hot iron if cast iron is allowed. Room temp, rub with a little oil then season with salt & pepper and keep an eye on the temp. A lamb chops should be medium rare when you cut into it IMHO. Good luck with your test and if you get a chance try to buy a few and practice.

Joined Jun 17, 2018
You can souse vid them then sear in hot iron, or just cook them in hot iron if cast iron is allowed. Room temp, rub with a little oil then season with salt & pepper and keep an eye on the temp. A lamb chops should be medium rare when you cut into it IMHO. Good luck with your test and if you get a chance try to buy a few and practice.
Thank you so much!

Joined Nov 15, 2012
Wait, wait! Initially you said shank, then chops. Let's make sure your not mixed up here.

I like a real intense sear on my chops so I air-dry in the fridge for at least 24hr. in a pinch you can use a fan for an hour or more. Check the positioning to make sure your getting maximum air flow over and under.

Top Bottom