Lady locks: Please Help

Joined Jul 24, 2011
Hello. I have a few questions about lady locks. I have been trying to learn more about how to make bakery-quality lady locks but I cannot figure out what the dough is. Is it puff pastry? When I do an internet search all I come up with are recipes for either cream horns or clothes pin cookies-both are very small pastries. The ones in the bakery are much bigger. I have made several cream horn recipes/clothes pin cookies using recipes that I found on the Internet and none of that dough is even close to the ones at the bakeries. They were good but not what I was looking for. I have also tried frozen puff pastry and it was not similar to the bakery ones at all--much too buttery. The big ones in the bakery are light, airy and very flakey. Can anyone assist with this? Are there books that I could buy to read more about this? What kind of dough is it exactly? i even looked for premade molds that might be sold online--I only see mold for pastries for canolis, etc. Any help would be great appreciated.

Joined Apr 3, 2010
Here and in NY we called them cream horns and they were made from puff paste wrapped around a baking tube. Either made large or mini.

Latest posts

Top Bottom