knives

Discussion in 'Cooking Knife Reviews' started by vgdood, Feb 23, 2004.

1. vgdood

vgdood

Hi ... my name is james. i'm 14 and I want to be a cook. I just got an offer for a job at a tea shop near my house. i actually know lots about tea and i like baking ... so any advice for a new guy.
    Also i'd like some advice about knives ... what's good ... what do you look for? ... is there any way i can try them out before buying to get the "feel"?

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, vgdood. It sounds like you're off to a good start on your culinary career. Keep your ears and eyes open, and learn, learn, learn! Stay in touch with your guidance counselor (or other teacher you trust) to help you choose the best classes through high school that will help you with all aspects of this field, including the business stuff (writing, math, etc.) and the culinary arts.

About your knife question: This seems to be a popular one! If you use the search function on this site (look in the top right corner for the button), just type in "knives" and you'll have tons of threads to read about knives- some going back YEARS.

We're glad you found us! Dive in and enjoy the forums. Read, ask questions, post.... we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Mezzaluna

3. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi James and welcome to Cheftalk,

I wish I had the resourses you have know when I was 14.

Cheftalk is a wonderful site to explore, teach and learn.

Follow Mezzaluna's advice.:) :chef: