KitchenAid's Dough Hook

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Stress fractures are common in aluminum. A simple tap can cause a stress fracture. I once used some dye indicator on carabiners found at the base of climbing areas and was really surprised at the amount of stress fractures which resulted from these things being dropped.

Kuan

Joined Feb 21, 2001
Must have been a very former life, he's been dead since the sixties, but I'm sure his name lived on at a place like Backpacker. He was fairly famous for the Harlin Direct, up what mountain?....quick....

Joined Aug 14, 2000
RE: What Mountain?

At Backpacker I sold ads. Our idea of Wilderness Adventure was cocktails on the terrace :)

Joined Feb 21, 2001
Another tough guy. John Harlin was an American climber who died in 1966 trying to push a direct route up the North Face of the Eiger. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the John Harlin you know is his son.

Joined Nov 29, 2001
That would be the sound my jaw would make as it hit the floor.

Contact KitchenAid immediately. Just out of customer goodwill, they should be willing to replace the hook for free. There is no fathomable reason a 2-year old metal dough hook should break. My husband says it may have had some kind of stress fracture to begin with. E-mail them or call them right away.

Top Bottom