Kitchenaid Artisan 5qt mixer (is this a good deal)

Joined Apr 28, 2003
The pricing looks pretty good even if its in $US. Usually goes for almost $400(can) new if not more. I don't know of issues with the tilt design though, I have the 6quart pro model.

Joined Aug 4, 2000
Look at the wattage rating. I would recommend getting a mixer rated at least 350 watts; that way the motor will last longer and mix more effortlessly.

Joined Aug 14, 2000
It depends on what you are going to mix in your mixer :) If you do mostly cakes and cookies, I think 325 watts are fine. If you intend to do a lot of bread kneading, I would look for a mixer with closer to 500 watts.

As to the tilt, I have not heard that this is a problem. I have a tilt mixer (not a KitchenAid) and have no problems. Getting to things at the bottom of the bowl is usually just an adjustment. There is a screw that allows you to tweek the bowl height to allow you to get to everything.

Joined Jun 3, 2004
I have one of the tilt head Kitchenaids. it's fine for pizza or bread dough, but does have problems with leaving butter at the bottom when making cookie dough.

Joined May 14, 2004
I got mine, and it doesn't have problems with leftovers in the bottom. I found a screw when the head is tilted back, and it does adjust it up & down so you can probably do that to fix it.
By the way, the refurb one is only $70 after rebates now:
http://forums.dealtaker.com/index.php

Joined May 14, 2004
I've had mine a while now, and I have made more chocolate chip cookies than I can imagine. Does anyone have ideas of other things I can make in it? I'm ready to cook something good tonight :)

Joined Oct 27, 1999
How about brioche? It's alot easier with an electric standing mixer than by hand!

Top Bottom