Kitchen hazard

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by purplegug, Mar 31, 2010.

1. purplegug

purplegug

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Has anyone else suffered from really bad chefs a** here? What are the best techniques to avoid it?

2. fryguy

fryguy

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    more time in the pantry and less time by the fryers.......if you know what I mean...

3. purplegug

purplegug

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    lol eh? No things you can use? Do you know many people that suffer, i have two friends that do.

4. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    what like swamp butt? Only when it's over 95 degrees outside and I am in jeans all day doing yardwork. In the kitchen I wear full cotton boxer briefs (not boxers, need some support) and 50/50 cotton/poly chef pants, baggy ones. Got to breathe down there or your in trouble.  Take a shower at the end of every shift and towel dry, then don't get dressed if you have the privacy or just wear the towel.

5. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Girls aren't immune from that and I have found that baggy breathable pants, cotton undies both upstairs and down go a long way towards keeping comfortable in the heat of things.  Being a smallish girl (think Lauren Bacall.. tallish and slim) I can get away with the cotton sports bras with no worries of giving the boys an unexpected show!

6. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    [​IMG]

bigwooly77 likes this.
  7. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    LMAO  too funny!!!!

8. burnthuman

burnthuman

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Hey now -- don't laugh too hard! Anti Monkey Butt powder WORKS! Comes in male and female, I think. I get mine at the local Ace hardware.

BH

bigwooly77 likes this.
  9. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Was that Ace Hardware, or As_ Hardware. And they really have Mr & Miss Monkey Butt Powder ???? I'm sticking with corn starch, when I take a bath it makes a nice slurry................Chef Bill

missmeganmouse likes this.
  10. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    OK OK... keep it clean here.  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

11. rat

rat

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It reminds me of the time when the cooks really ticked me off,-long story- They used to keep a box of cornstrach in the freezer for just such occasions. I went in there and filled the cornstarch box with powdered sugar. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

12. ferryman

ferryman

Exp:
    Home Chef
    I love the Anti-Monkey Butt powder!  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif  If you can' find it, try Gold Bond EXTRA STRENGTH powder (green container).  It's sold everywhere plus it clears up the itch overnight.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
    bigwooly77 likes this.
  13. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    When I worked line, I just used baby or talcum powder, liberal dusting to keep skin from chafing.

When it came to um.... discomfort in unmentionable areas, I would wipe with anti-fungal cream, a.k.a athelet's foot cream.  Problem would clear up very quickly.