Kitchen Arts & Letters

Discussion in 'Cookbook Reviews' started by kylew, Apr 29, 2002.

1. kylew

kylew

Exp:
    Home Chef
    For those of us inclined towards entirely unnecessary book purchases, this is a very dangerous place :) It is an unassuming little store front shop on Lexington Ave. in NYC. Unfortunately for It's right around the corner from my apartment:eek: The only thing they sell is books on food. Much more than just cookbooks. I was there on Saturday and bought The Bialy Eaters byt Mimi Sheraton and Elizabeth David's English Bread and Yeast Cookery. I couldn't resist the title :) They do not have a website. According to the woman behind the counter, Nach Waxman believes in the personal approach. If they don't have something, they will find it. These people know food books and know where or if rarities can be found. Submitted FYI :)

Kitchen Arts & Letters

Phone Number: +1 212 876 5550
    Address: 1435 Lexington Avenue (between 93rd and 94th)
    New York, New York, 10128

2. isa

isa

Just what I need more temptation. :)

3. kylew

kylew

Exp:
    Home Chef
    This place has Isa written all over it! :)

4. kimmie

kimmie

Isa,

Whenever Kyle moves out of his apartment, how about renting it just to be close to the store. Deal? :rolleyes:

5. isa

isa

Why not! And if we don't have any money left for food, we can always eat the pictures.

6. kimmie

kimmie

Too funny!!! :lol:

At least we won't get heartburn!!! :p

We may, however, suffer paper cuts!! :bounce:

7. isa

isa

[​IMG]

8. chiffonade

chiffonade

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I loved that store! Sometimes when I was early for classes at Kump, I'd walk to it. You're right...dangerous temptation for people with an irresistable cookbook craving and no sales resistance.

As for their website, about 4 years ago they told me "we're working on it" and it's apparent that the project got abandoned. Maybe they couldn't handle all the extra biz they'd get from internet searches? Who knows. It's truly a great place and I recommend a visit if you're anywhere within neighboring states!