Kinda good food movie

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Last night I picked up "Woman on Top" at Target for $5.99. It's a romantic comedy about a Isabelle, stifled chef who makes her way from Brazil to San Francisco. She eventually makes it "big" as a TV chef. Real good soundtrack with real good Bossanova guitar work throughout. Good laughs for $5.99.

Kuan

Joined May 23, 2003
I love restaurant movies. Dinner Rush and Big night are a couple of my favorites. The scene in Big Night where the chef has prepped all day and they are about to open and he has an espresso and a cigarette. Man I have been in that moment so many times. Any other food movies people recommend?

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
This was on tv last night but we came in late so we didn't finish it, I was wondering if it was any good. One of the better food movies I have seen this past year was Mostly Martha. I would highly recommend checking that out if you haven't already.

Joined Nov 29, 2001
I love that movie! When I first saw the title, I thought it was going to be some kind of female dominiant sex position movie - then read the info on it and had to watch. I thought it was great.

Joined Apr 28, 2003
Saw and have Woman on Top, great comedy.
Dinner Rush was a very good well done movie too.

Another good resturaunt movie is Simply Irresistible with Sarah Michelle Gellar. She plays a girl who couldn't cook magically turned chef by a mysterious crab. Just in the knick of time to save her mother's resturaunt and in time to meet her soul mate.

Joined Jan 24, 2003
Anyone seen Tampopo the chinese film about the search for the perfect noodle.

Yeah that Buffy the capon slayer movie was good I saw it the other day.

Top Bottom