Kids playing restaurant

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by phatch, Aug 17, 2005.

1. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    So my three kids (ages 4, 6, 8) decide to play restaurant. They divide up the cook, watier and customer duties.

4 year old is the customer. He orders noodles, orange cheese and corn on the cob. I missed his drink order, but probably lemonade.

I'm busy making coleslaw and bread salad for a church picnic. When I get a break, I try to spice up the menu with some adult silliness. I order barbecued elephant, tiger fur salad and mashed octopus potatoes. The waiter dutifully gave my order to the chef, who replied, "Too stinky".

So I didn't get my order. I guess my kids have too real a sense of cooking.

Phil

Phil

2. jock

jock

Exp:
    At home cook
    I love kids stories. That's wonderful :)

Jock

3. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The reason you probably didn't get your order is because they couldn't cut up their Elephant for only one order! :eek: :bounce:

4. nowiamone

nowiamone

The other night I'm short a waitress, so my daughter pitches in but brings her 11 yr old nephew along (my grandson) and shows him how to buss tables and tells him he gets part of her tips for the help. His eyes widened and with an enlightened look on his face he said "I didn't know you guys worked here for money."