Keeping it clean

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by cape chef, Mar 8, 2010.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Had my staff start some deep cleaning because we are down for a couple of days.
    My sous took a couple pictures & I felt very proud that we can pound out 1000s of high end meals a week, yet keep our kitchen this clean.

Hoods,combi ovens,blast chillers,convection ovens,floors,walls, fryers,grills, ranges all cleaned like new.Thank god for casters!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I

2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    heh, I haven't seen a grill splash guard attached in forever , much less a spotless one. Good on you guys/img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

3. varen

varen

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    That's actually impressive. Everything looks like it got bought yesterday. None of the places I've worked at so far looked that shiny. Good job!

4. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Looks great!  What did you use to clean your hoods?

5. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks guys. We take a lot of pride in our kitchen and equipment.

The hood system is a Halton that is broken down into separate temperature zones. Depending on the heat generated dictates if the hood goes on or not. Very energy efficient. We are a certified LEAD property. The hood filters are two layers. Both are removed & the outer filters are hand cleaned with a mild anti-grease/soap solution & the inner filters are sprayed with an easy off type of product, scrubbed and run through a heavy duty pot washing machine. Come out spotless.

6. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey Chef, Great Job from an old Bridgeport boy, we all know how hard it is to keep the hoods that clean. Chef Bill

7. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Very impressive! You rarely see a kitchen that clean from anything less then brand new.
    The food obviously must be commensurate with the cleanliness of the kitchen!

8. charron

charron

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I was thinking exactly the same thing lol.

Cape Chef, your kitchen looks beautiful.  Very nicely done. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif Definitely a place to be proud of.