Just wanted to share my good news

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by cape chef, Mar 31, 2004.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    :) Well friends after a few days of negotiations, I signed on today as a Chef Instructor at The Conn Center for Culinary Arts. I will start April 19th when the new Module begins, and my first class will be teaching Classical French Cuisine and it's history. I am very excited and thank you all for your beautiful words of encouragement.

I have not been this excited in many years

Peace
    CC

"If the sun refused to shine, I will still be lovin you. Mountians crumble to the sea, it will still be you and me"

2. phoebe

phoebe

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
    :bounce: :bounce: :roll: :bounce: :bounce:

I am SO happy for you! But I'm even happier for your future students. They are very lucky indeed. This is SO exciting! What wonderful news!
    I'll drink a toast to you tonight, my friend. :D

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to the ranks of the teaching force, Cape Chef! Lucky students, too. :bounce:

4. miahoyhoy

miahoyhoy

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Way to go Cape Chef!
    Have a blast!

5. kokopuffs

kokopuffs

Exp:
    Home Cook
    There's nothing like teaching. And that first day of class: overlooking a room full of wide-eye cabbage heads with freshly washed faces into which you instill your own knowledge and experience and transform them into cognizant human beings. You, YOU have control.

6. athenaeus

athenaeus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hey people can you imagine how lucky those guys are???? Having cape chef teaching them French Cooking?? Well Brad French cooking is so you I am so glad and envious of your students. :) Break your leg.

7. katbalou

katbalou

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    wonderful news cc!!!! congratulations!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

8. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks all,

I can't wait to start.

Hey, I was thinking about keeping a journal and posting about my experience as a teacher.We have had a couple great journals from students, how about from an instructors perspective? Suzanne, Can you help me with my spelling? :eek:

9. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Congrats CC !!. I wish you nothing but the best of luck with your new position. Have fun. :)

10. lentil

lentil

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I was entertaining the notion of returning to school, but kokopuffs changed all that with the cabbage head comment :eek:

Congratulations, CC! I look forward hearing more about your job and experiences at the school.

11. headless chicken

headless chicken

Exp:
    Line Cook
    PAAAARRTAAAAAAYYY!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. daveb

daveb

Considering how much I've learned just from reading your posts here, your future students are very lucky.

Congratulations.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

13. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Very cool :cool: Brad, very cool! I am elated for you, I know how much you wanted to do this. I really couldn't be happier for you. You really are the embodiment of knowledge in your field and the love you have for it will no doubt be transferred to your students. Don't worry about the spelling, you're not teaching English! :D
    Best wishes and great fortune L'Chayim :beer:

14. greg

greg

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Congratulations, Brad! I love the journal idea; as you said, it's a whole new perspective (both for students and prospective teachers) and I don't know that it's been done before on any food website. It'd be a great addition to the front page, but start anytime you want in the forums.

15. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    All I can say that hasn't already been said is:
    It's about time!!!
    :chef: :chef: :chef:

16. peachcreek

peachcreek

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Congratulations. Cape Chef! After reading your posts here for the last few years I can't think of or have met someone more qualified than you to give to your students something so often missing from but in great need of in young culinary students. A clue. Thanks in advance and again thank you from your students' future potential employers.

17. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Dear Peachcreek,

Those words mean a lot to me coming from someone like you.
    I have always felt that you are truely grounded in our buisness and are very bright and thoughtful.Would love to have my students work for a pro like you

18. coquille

coquille

monsieur,
    je vous souhait bonne chance a votre nouvelle ecole !!

19. chiffonade

chiffonade

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I so envy you, not only being able to cook but being able to create and share the culinary arts with eager minds! Keep us posted and don't be afraid to share a recipe (or three).

20. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Too wonderful!!! You've wanted this for so long I'm glad that your dream is coming to fruition. I'd love to hear about your experiences in the classroom.