Just found this site today

Joined Feb 27, 2016
Hello everyone. I'm new here, but I think I'll really like it. Cooking is my down-time usually, as long as I'm not being rushed through it. I like to experiment with new flavors all the time, and have a ton of cookbooks. To me, food is not merely fuel, but something to be savored and that should bring joy to others. Sometimes, it is hard not to be a little hedonistic about amazingly good food  -- anything at a certain Irish pud outside of DC for example! (It was so good, I hugged the chef and was accused of being giddy.)

I don't have any traditional training, but started learning young from relatives, then from tv cooks (Yan Can Cook and Graham Kerr's minimax stand out.) I've also learned quite a bit from food network over the years. I make my own spice mixes instead of buying them, and try to cook from scratch as often as possible.

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Hello, and welcome!

Graham Kerr brings back memories. I believe his Galloping Gourmet was the first televised cooking show I ever watched. He is very informative and pleasantly amusing.

Joined Aug 21, 2004
Graham Kerr brings back memories. I believe his Galloping Gourmet was the first televised cooking show I ever watched.
Same here. I remember his show inspired me to convince my best friend that he and I would reproduce a dinner from a segment for his family. I was in high school at the time and couldn't boil water, but I had yearnings to be a gourmet after watching the show! ... My condolences to my best friend's family :~)

Last edited:

cerise

Banned
Joined Jul 5, 2013
Welcome to ChefTalk. Giddy up! I too enjoyed Kerr, as well as Yan, Julia and Pepin.Make yourself at home. :)

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Welcome to ChefTalk Jen glad to have you join our community. Please let us know if you have any questions about how the site works.

Top Bottom