Just bought a new house 2 days ago

Joined Dec 2, 2000
Yes I did and need someinput on the appliances I may want.
Currently the stove is a Jenn air (electric) with different attachements.
Anyone have the scoop on the latest appliances to be had.
Thank you
Danielle :eek:

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Congratulations on your new home!!

We're gutting our entire kitchen, and replacing everything. I like the look of stainless, and we are most likely going to buy a Kitchen Aid refrig., because of the styling, as well as its energy rating, the DCS dual fuel range, which is much better than the Viking, as far as I can see, and a Maytag dishwasher, which we already have, and it is great. For our ventilation system, we are looking at the Zephyr Cyclone. It's very compact and quiet, so they say.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

[ March 06, 2001: Message edited by: momoreg ]

Joined Nov 5, 2000
Momoreg: How long of a process will this/is the gutting and reworking of an entire kitchen? Sounds like an interesting process as well as a huge learning experience. Keep us posted! I currently have a gas stove and oven, love the gas stove/hate the gas oven--is yours going to be electric or gas (the oven)?

Joined Nov 5, 2000
Congrats Danielle! Are you having the house built? How fun to be in the stage of being able to choose what kitchen things to put in. I only had a new house built once, and had no clue at that time (very young then!) on good appliances and such. Best to get the good things in as you're doing now.

Joined Mar 4, 2000
The process should begin next week, and I'm sure it will be a learning experience, as you said. The oven is electric, and the range is gas (propane). That's the only way I can get the self-cleaning.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hear, hear, Crudeau. I'm with you. I only wish I'd had someone to ask about this before I bought my stove.

Joined Nov 5, 2000
That's why I want to replace my oven. It takes 30 min sometimes to heat up to 400. It's really bad, and no self cleaning. I think it's supposed to burn the things off but it doesn't. I can't imagine not having the gas stove though. Would be great to have a double oven..I don't know a thing about convection...is that what many of you are using these days?

Top Bottom