Just applied to Humber culinary management program.

Joined Mar 13, 2018
No idea if I'll be accepted or if I can afford it even if I am accepted, figured I'd join this board as well.

I enjoy cooking and only recently decided to explore a career in it.

Hi.

Joined Mar 13, 2018
No idea if I'll be accepted or if I can afford it even if I am accepted, figured I'd join this board as well.

I enjoy cooking and only recently decided to explore a career in it.

Hi.
Stay with it if it is really something you love. Everybody started somewhere. It was many years ago when I'd started & now I've got a full blown catering business Before I'd got my own business I worked with many other chefs at their restaurants getting my skills up & learning as much as I could everyday. Don't give up buddy, stick with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined Jun 23, 2015
I am not familiar with Canadian programs. How is this institution accredited? Do the credits transfer to a full time university?

Joined Mar 13, 2018
Thanks, I still find it hard to believe I actually applied. Would be my second career, previously was a social worker for over 10 years but always had a love of food and cooking. Congrats on your catering business!

Stay with it if it is really something you love. Everybody started somewhere. It was many years ago when I'd started & now I've got a full blown catering business Before I'd got my own business I worked with many other chefs at their restaurants getting my skills up & learning as much as I could everyday. Don't give up buddy, stick with it.

Joined Mar 13, 2018
I'm not sure how credits would transfer, my plan is to take the course, take the red seal test and hopefully work from there.

I am not familiar with Canadian programs. How is this institution accredited? Do the credits transfer to a full time university?

Latest posts

Top Bottom