Just an intro

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by chef mud, Oct 20, 2014.

1. chef mud

chef mud

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Hi everyone! I have loved reading ChefTalk threads for a while, but did not know I could join unless I was a professional chef. I just graduated from the ICC (formerly the French Culinary Inst) in New York, and I am about to start my masters program at Boston University (Gastronomy), so I will be leaning on the community for support and answers.

Although I am a new grad, I have been cooking and baking for a while. Originally from Chicago, I worked as a firefighter for 16 years, and I was the firehouse cook for 11 years. I have been cooking and baking as a personal cook for years, then at the age of 47, I took the plunge and went to school. I have no regrets, I learned so much and will continue to learn.

In advance, thank you for all your help. I am going to need it!

2. chefboyog

chefboyog

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome!
    Masters degree in Gastronomy, sounds awesome.

What will your courses entail. Moderninst or dietary or a mix? Can you tell me some names of courses or link to a program overview?

3. chefboyog

chefboyog

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I looked it up, very interesting material.

4. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Welcome to Cheftalk ChefMUD , looking forward to your posts.

chef mud likes this.
  5. chef mud

chef mud

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Thanks! Chefboy, I haven't decided what focus I will choose, but I will go through the intensive culinary arts program as an elective. That way, I will be classically trained in pastry and culinary. I love pastry, but I love to cook. Which is sometimes rare among pastry chefs or vice versa.

6. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    No kidding you can get a masters degree in gastronomy? Very interesting. Welcome to ChefTalk we are glad you joined. We ask all members who have attended culinary school to please take a moment and post a review of their culinary school. This helps other students who are interested in attending the school so please consider posting a review. If you have questions on how please let me know.